Mindful Education Fundamentals:
A daylong for youth workers
This dynamic daylong workshop is designed specifically for educators, therapists and parents/caregivers who work with youth.
The training will take place on October 28 in Oakland. CEUs are available.
What You Will Gain:
- Deepen your relationship to and understanding of Mindfulness practice
- Incorporate simple Mindfulness practices into your everyday life to become more sustainable
- Broaden understanding of 5 Mindfulness Literacies as they relate to Social-Emotional Learning
- Explore dynamic and engaging mindfulness activities/tools to bring to classrooms, small groups, 1-on-1 work.
- Recognize trauma-informed sensitivities to Mindfulness
- Gain awareness of cross-cultural considerations and common challenges of accessibility
- Participate in an unique experiential learning model
- Identify common challenges and ways to overcome them
- Learn how to design and implement your own mindfulness lessons
We hope you can join us!
Fiddleheads Groups are Up and Running
Fiddleheads incorporates practices stemming from the latest research on mindfulness, developmental psychology and neurobiology into its social and emotional learning curriculum. The social lessons are taught via didactic lessons and are integrated into to the sessions experientially. Through drama enactments, mindfulness games, and story telling, the social lessons come to life giving the children important tools for understanding themselves within the world around them.
We welcome children and families of all colors, cultures, and
languages and we are inclusive and honoring of neurodiversity in our groups.
School Counseling and Mindfulness Program
Did you know that Mindfulness decreases suspension rates, improves academic performance, increases attention and executive functioning, and enhances overall well-being? Seeds is bringing the fruits of mindfulness to teachers and students across the bay area. We’d love your help connecting us with schools in your community.
Click here to send a note to Dana at Seeds if you can help!
Seeds Needs Your Support!
Volunteer with Seeds
Seeds gratefully embraces volunteers who support our work. If you have skills or time to offer us, we are especially looking for assistance with fundraising, IT support and business consultation. We embrace help in all other areas of operations as well, including mailings and flyer distribution.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org fo